DID YOU KNOW...
The proportion of Canadians with a history of heart attack increased by 67% between 2000- 2001 and 2012-2013.
People are living longer lives after medical treatment or surgery. We are here to ensure that those lives are fit, fueled, and strong to stop reoccurrence or the development of other related diseases
Cardiac Wellness Program
Many patients continue to live with a number of cardiac conditions long-term after surgery or through other means of medical management. This program can be a supplement to care provided by a primary care physician or your cardiologist/cardiac surgeon. Our focus is to expand on aspects of lifestyle medicine that improve on health related quality of life.
Services can include:
· Manage ongoing symptomatology after previous treatment, as well as subsequent late effects related to treatment
· Monitoring for future cardiac events
· Assessment and incorporation of lifestyle medicine issues as an additional focus
· Lifestyle program includes webinars, consultations with a Registered Dietitian and fitness programs run by Clinical Exercise Physiologist and Kinesiologists
· As needed Medpoint will navigate you to other appropriate specialists right on site, which may include Physiotherapy, Paramedical Services, Psychology, others!
Physician: Dr. Robert Brown and Dr. Brian Hachey
If interested in learning more call Hannah at 519-432-1919 ext. 261 or email email@example.com. If you want to get started right away have your physician send a referral (link referral PDF here) to our fax 519-432-9529
Referrals to Medpoint physicians can be made internally or through your family doctor.
Medpoint Cardiac Rehab Program Referral Form - DOWNLOAD HERE
OUR THREE STEP MODEL
Referral to Medpoint Cardiac Wellness Program or Cancer Wellness Program as per our referral form. This will include a consult with the appropriate cardiologist or oncologist and diagnostic testing as needed to clear you for safe exercise, and ensure proper medical screening.
Consult with Fitness Professional, she will be able to discuss with you your schedule and options with our Cancer/Cardiac Wellness Programs.
Choose the program that suits you. Not one size fits all. Ongoing follow up with specialist, dietitian and fitness professionals!